At Crawford Manor, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for older adults within a secure environment which supports their needs, values, interests, and independence while encouraging personal and spiritual development.
About Our Facilities
Crawford Manor Apartments have many amenities that make senior living convenient and enjoyable. The comfort and quality of life for all residents is a top priority of the Crawford Manor staff.
- The center for most activities is the Community Room, located on the main floor. This is where residents can gather for affordable lunches provided Monday through Friday; or a weekend pitch-in supper; or perhaps even a brisk game of cards. A piano is available for the musically inclined. A flat panel television is a focal point for watching special televised events or the occasional movie night.
- The main lobby is a comfortable area where residents can gather and engage in conversation. The lobby area offers a cozy atmosphere, complete with fireplace, to those who visit.
- The main floor is also the site of the Beauty Shop, which is open one day a week for the convenience of residents. One of the three laundry facilities can also be found on the main floor.
- Crawford Manor provides a Media Center for residents’ use. This center is equipped with two computers, a printer, and high-speed internet connection. The room is available 12 hours a day and is free for residents’ use.
- The second floor of Crawford Manor is home to two more laundry facilities, as well as two other areas that provide residents with hours of enjoyment. The library contains many books and magazines for residents’ reading pleasure. A librarian visits monthly.
- The Pool/Exercise room completes the second floor resident facilities. A treadmill and recumbent exercise bike, both Nordic Trac, are for the use of residents. Yet another flat panel television is mounted in this area for residents to watch while they exercise.
- A comfortable 8-passenger van, complete with wheelchair lift, transports residents to many outings. Weekly shopping excursions and trips to the market are just some of the things the van makes possible. The van is also used for monthly luncheons, and special outings.
- A shelter house will provide for hours of relaxation in the “great outdoors”. The shelter house will comfortably seat 30 people for picnics and other outdoor activities. Outside of the building is country living at its finest. The quiet and peaceful grounds of the Hoosier Village campus are perfect for long walks and interaction with nature. Beautiful trees and a quiet pond await those who treasure the out of doors. Don’t be surprised if you run into a friendly deer, raccoon, or other type of wildlife.